JOE Biden’s “horse pony” gaffe capped off the year 2020 – which was filled with botching names, insulting “dog-faced” voters and telling minorities “you ain’t black.”
As 2021 is just around the corner, President-elect Biden blurted out another blunder on Tuesday, calling a reporter a “one horse pony.”
As 2021 is just around the corner, Biden blurted out another blunder on Tuesday[/caption]
Earlier this month, Biden messed up the name and title of one of his new team members[/caption]
The 78-year-old Democrat was making his way out of a press conference when he was asked by a Fox News reporter his thoughts on whether Hunter Biden’s emails were Russian disinformation.
Biden answered: “Yes, yes, yes! God love you, man! You are a one horse pony.”
It is assumed the president-elect meant to call the reporter a “one-trick pony” – meaning someone or something that only has one area of expertise.
The former vice president’s choice of words were similar to when Biden left his audience aghast in February 2020 when he called a young woman a “lying dog-faced pony soldier.”
He appeared to insult the Biden supporter after she asked: “How do you explain the performance in Iowa and why should the voters believe that you can win a national election?”
Biden’s responded: “You ever been to a caucus?”
When the woman confirmed she had been to a caucus, the then-presidential hopeful awkwardly said: “No you haven’t. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier.”
In a more recent gaffe, earlier this month, Biden messed up the name and title of one of his new team members.
Sleepy Joe's Top Ten Gaffes
- MITT WHO? – Biden was attempting to tell a story about questioning someone’s faith, trying to use the example of 2012 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney at an event in Ohio on October 12.
He stumbled along saying “I got in trouble when we were running against the senator who was a Mormon, the governor, OK? And I took him on.”
- JOE 3030 – Joe Biden encouraged Democrats to vote for him as their presidential nominee as he spelt out his website as “Joe-3-0-3-3-0.”
Both website addresses Joe30330.com and Joe3030.com were then picked up by rival candidate Pete Buttigieg.
- RUNNING FOR SENATE – On two occasions Biden appears to have said he was “running for Senate” rather than running for President in 2020.
At an event in Ohio, he said: “You know, we have to come together. That’s why I’m running. I’m running as a proud Democrat for the Senate.”
- VOTER FRAUD – Biden gave Trump ammo when he claimed he had assembled the “most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization” in US history in an interview with Crooked Media.
“What a terrible thing for Biden to say! Rigged Election?” Trump tweeted.
- WHITE KIDS – While campaigning for the nomination, Biden made a big flub when he said “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”
Biden later acknowledged his gaffe, but said “I I don’t think anybody thinks that I meant anything other than what I said I meant.”
- 200MILLION DEAD – Biden accidentally inflated the coronavirus death toll by a factor of 1,000 when he mistakenly said 200million have died rather than 200,000.
The embarrassing botch-up came during a campaign rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and would have meant two thirds of all Americans had been killed by Covid-19.
- LUHAN – Speaking about the coronavirus before winning the nomination also proved difficult as he called the place where the virus originated “Luhan Province” during an interview on MSNBC.
In the same interview he also gone the date wrong on a story that he had written for USA Today – saying it was January 17 when it was January 27.
- COVID-9 – In another coronavirus blunder, Biden referred to the killer disease as “Covid-9” rather than “Covid-19.”
His faux pas was made during a virtual town hall with frontline workers, and aired on his own campaign’s Facebook page.
- PUNCHING IT – When speaking about domestic violence, Biden oddly insisted that the US needs to “keep punching at it and punching at it” during the Democrat debate last November.
And to make things worse, he was all the while making striking motions with his fist.
- POOR BOYS – Biden suffered a verbal slip during the second presidential debate when botched the name of far-right group Proud Boys, instead calling the “Poor Boys.”
The VP’s attacks of Trump came after the President in the first debate appeared to tell them to “stand back and stand by” – before later disavowing his own comments, telling them to “stand down.”
Biden had mispronounced Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary nominee Xavier Becerra’s name prior to revealing he had planned to appoint him to the role of “Secretary of Health and Education Services.”
The soon-to-be president said: “For Secretary of Health and Education Services, I nominate Xavier Bacheria.
“You know, Xavier Becerra… excuse me.”
His slip-up prompted Republicans to quickly mock Biden’s mishap on social media.
Back in May, Biden said “you ain’t black” if you vote for Donald Trump over him in the 2020 presidential race.
He uttered the words during an interview with The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne tha God.
Back in May, Biden said ‘you ain’t black’ if you vote for Donald Trump[/caption]
His answer came after Charlamagne tha God said: “Listen, you’ve got to come see us when you come to New York, VP Biden.
“It’s a long way until November. We’ve got more questions.”
Biden then quipped: “You’ve got more questions? Well I tell you what.
“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”
In another instance, Biden appeared to think he was running more than 27,000 years in the future.
#Joe30330 or #Joe3030 started trending after he confusingly told supporters to visit a website that didn’t exist.
Most read in News
'THIS ONE HURTS'
Rapper John 'Ecstasy' Fletcher dead at 56 after legendary run with Whodini
Student, 20, suffers HEART FAILURE from Covid after she 'beat "mild" case'
Is the stock market open on Christmas Eve?
HANGING ON FOR LIFE
Workers left clinging from scaffolding as blast injures 23
‘LIKE A MANNEQUIN’
Murdered Insta star naked body was 'clean & delicately placed on road'
'FELT LIKE A CRIMINAL'
Bake Off contestant blamed for 'all these bombings' in sick bus rant
During his final remarks, Biden laid out his vision as he told them “if you agree with me, go to Joe 30330.”
It later emerged 30330 was actually a number for a text message service from which you could either donate or get updates on the campaign.