BOXING legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr face off in a spectacular exhibition fight in Los Angeles this weekend.
The 54-year-old Tyson will do battle with Jones, 51, in a long-awaited bout, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible SIX stone to get in shape for the clash.
The California State Commission say the exhibition will be fought under the rules that both men will not look for the knock-out and will instead “exhibit” their skills, but both fighters have come out and said the contrary.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The big fight is set for THIS Weekend – Saturday, November 28 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- It was originally set to take place on September 12 but the event has been postponed until later in the year.
- The undercard is expected to start at 9pm ET which is 1am GMT and the main event will follow between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to eight rounds in the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
MOST READ IN SPORT
WINK & YOU'LL MISS IT
Watch Winks score outrageous 56-yard goal… but did he mean it?
Mourners line streets as Diego Maradona's coffin is driven to his funeral
Bielsa demands Prem BLOCK fans returning until all 20 clubs can reopen their gates
Rooney to wind down playing career as he is named SOLE interim boss of Derby
Chelsea ‘eyeing up Atletico Madrid star Jose Gimenez’ ahead of 2021 transfer
Hackers holding Man Utd to ransom for MILLIONS after cyber attack
What TV channel is Tyson vs Jones Jr on and can I live stream it?
- BT Sport Box Office will be broadcasting the fight in the UK.
- The event will cost £19.95 to watch.
- Coverage begins at 8pm ET, which is midnight in UK. The undercard is set to start from 1am GMT.
- The social media site Triller will also be airing the PPV fight.
- Emmy-winner Mario Lopez hosts the show, and musical acts will be announced for performances too.
Who is on the Tyson vs Jones Jr undercard?
YouTuber Jake Paul leads the way on the four-fight card when he takes on ex-NBA star Nate Robinson.
KSI’s trainer Viddal Riley has pulled out injured and has been replaced by Hasim Rahman Jr.
- Tyson vs Jones Jr (8 x 2min rounds, heavyweight)
- Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson (6 x 3min, cruiserweight)
- Badou Jack vs Blake McKernan (8 x 3min, light-heavy)
- Hasim Rahman Jr vs Rashad Coulter (8 x 3min, cruiserweight)
- Jamaine Ortiz vs. Nahir Albright, (8 x 3min, lightweight)
- Irvin Gonzalez vs. Edward Vasquez (8 x 3min, featherweight)
- Juiseppe Cusumano vs. Nick Jones (8 x 3min, heavyweight)
What are the rules of the fight?
- The fight will be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
- No headguards will be worn but the fighters will be wearing larger 12-ounce gloves.
- Technically the fight can only be stopped if there is a knock-out, but California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Forster said he will stop it if a cut appears.
- Referee Ray Corona will be able to halt it if he chooses to.
- The WBC will be remotely scoring the fight with the winner crowned WBC Frontline champion.
Forster said: “Tyson and Jones Jr. won’t be wearing headgear for the fight. They’ll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there won’t be any judges present at the fight to score the action. So, technically, there won’t be a winner unless a knockout somehow occurs, or either fighter is deemed unfit to continue.
“They can move around and make some money, but I told them if you get cut, it’s over.”
What have they said?
Mike Tyson: “We’re throwing punches at each other. This is going to be my definition of fun … broken eye sockets, broken jaw, broken rib. That’s fun to me.”
Roy Jones Jr: “He’s still Mike Tyson, he’s still one of the strongest, most explosive people who ever touched a boxing ring. If anything, I made a mistake going in with him.
“He’s the bigger guy, he’s the explosive guy. He’s going to have all the first-round fireworks, not me.
“I do have first-round fireworks, but he’s known for more first-round fireworks than anybody to ever touch boxing, other than maybe George Foreman.”