Prince Charles ‘frustrated’ past keeps being ‘dredged up’ amid The Crown’s new series

3 mins read


The latest season of the popular royal drama was released on Netflix last month. It has sparked controversy due to its theatrical portrayal of the Royal Family.

The newest series follows the relationship of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, which eventually fell apart.

Now, royal family commentator Katie Nicholl has said she thinks Prince Charles will feel “a frustration that the past keeps getting dredged up when he is trying to move forward”.

Speaking to Australian celebrity news site 9Honey, she added, in her opinion: “I’m absolutely sure he doesn’t see that sudden revived interest in her as a threat at all.”

Others have also hit out at the series for its dramatic portrayal of the royals.

The Mail on Sunday cited anonymous ‘Palace insiders’ who attacked the show for “dragging up things that happened during very difficult times 25 or 30 years ago”.

They added: “This is drama and entertainment for commercial ends being made with no regard to the actual people involved who are having their lives hijacked and exploited.”

READ: Kate cements ‘legacy’ with groundbreaking royal work into UK’s biggest early years study

Meanwhile, royal analyst Richard Fitzwilliams has said he thinks Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle may be “sympathetic” with some elements of how the Royal Family are portrayed in the show.

He told The Sun: “We must remember that The Crown has been going for a long time.

“Meghan and Harry will claim the show uses dramatic licence, as indeed it does.”

Peter Morgan, the creator of the show, has admitted some incidents in the show are not entirely accurate.

In an interview with The Times, he said: “We do our very, very best to get it right, but sometimes I have to conflate [incidents].

“You sometimes have to forsake accuracy, but you must never forsake truth.”

The series also portrays the Queen’s relationship with then-Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

In other royal news, Prince Charles has said he is hoping that more entertainment venues can open despite coronavirus restrictions, according to the BBC.

He and wife Camilla attended venues in central London this week in support for the capital’s art scene.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Make Amazon Pay Campaign: Over 400 Lawmakers From 34 Countries Back Movement

Next Story

These popular Android apps let hackers copy your password and break into your account

Latest from Blog