A THIRD child was pursued in an attempted abduction close to where a Liny of Duty star’s son was also targeted.
The schoolboy was followed by a man in West Wickham, south east London, while walking home on May 5.
His school, Hawes Down Primary, contacted the police the following the day and sent home a letter to parents with advice on keeping their children safe.
Met Police have said they are not linking this incident to two previous child abduction attempts reported two miles away in Beckenham on April 30.
Hawes Down Primary Headteacher Matt De Freitas wrote in a letter
to parents: “We have been alerted to an incident that happened after school involving Hawes Down children being followed by an unknown adult whilst they had been walking home from school.”
He urged parents to speak to their kids about safety and follow “strict guidelines” should they walk home from school unaccompanied.
This includes having a charged mobile phone, walking in a
group, going directly home from school, texting their parents when
they get to school, knowing of a safe place to go in the case of an
emergency, and having emergency contact numbers.
Mr De Freitas continued: “We do not wish your child to be anxious or
scared about this incident. However, we do want them to be safe and
It follows two other attempted abductions only two miles away.
It follows a boy being approached in Kelsey Park in another child abduction attempt[/caption]
The first boy was told to go with a hooded man in a mask as he played in Kelsey Park in Beckenham, South East London, on April 30.
Thankfully he spooked the would-be kidnapper by shouting out to a pal – causing the suspect to flee.
The boy, who was unharmed, later said he saw the masked man escape in a black van, the Evening Standard reports.
Clare House Primary School head Jane Holland wrote a letter to parents warning them about the report.
She said it had been reported to police and Year 5 and 6 would have an assembly over the horror.
The headteacher added: “The child and some school friends were playing in the wooded area of the park when a man approached the child and told him to go with him.
“He ran away immediately but the man followed him for a short time until the child called one of his friends and the man ran away.”
Sheries Blackman, who played Ruby Jones in the hit BBC series[/caption]
The panicked mum warned other parents in the area after her son’s scary experience[/caption]
The incident took place just ten minutes before the 11-year-old son of Line of Duty star Sherise Blackman was approached in a suspected child snatch attempt nearby.
The boy was taking a different route home from school when a black van pulled up next to him.
A man offered him a lift home, which he refused, but he noticed two hooded men following him as he turned to rush home.
‘REALLY SHAKEN UP’
Sherise, whose character Ruby Jones died in episode four of the hit show, described how her son ran into Croydon Road Recreation Ground to find help.
A group of teens then blocked the men from the entrance and told the boy to run home.
Sherise said: “Once he got home, he was really shaken up, really scared.
“He told me and my husband what happened and we immediately called the police.”
The mum added while her son is safe, she wants to raise awareness of any potential dangers, saying: “There are children actually in the local area and surrounding boroughs who are missing and I feel a responsibility because he could’ve been taken.
“If he didn’t run, if he didn’t think on his feet it could’ve been far worse and there are parents out there who need to know we need to keep a close eye on our kids.”
But Sherise slammed cops over their response – believing they were trying to “fob it off”.
Sherise warned other parents of the danger[/caption]
The Met Police haven’t confirmed if the two incidents are linked.
Speaking about the abduction attempt involving Sherise’s son, Superintendent Andy Brittain said: “I fully acknowledge our initial response was not sufficient given the extremely worrying circumstances of this incident.
“The matter was reviewed and detectives are carrying out further investigation which remains ongoing.
“CCTV of the area is currently being reviewed to identify any possible suspects. Detectives have been in touch with the boy’s parents to update them on the investigation so far, and will continue to keep them informed of any developments.
Most read in News
Starmer braced for backlash as Labour is CRUSHED in Hartlepool heartland
Under-40s WILL be offered alternative to AZ jab over rare blood clot fears
Mum-of-two, 45, found dead in bush by dog walker as cops launch murder probe
100 firefighters called to blaze at London tower block 'with Grenfell cladding'
Indian Covid variant cases soar 150% in a week as 48 clusters found across UK
Serial rapist struck 5 times in 11 days after stalking women off Tube
“I want to reassure the boy’s parents and the wider community that this incident is being fully investigated to establish the full circumstances of what happened.”
One of the suspects has been described as white and approximately 5ft 10ins tall, while the second is 6ft tall.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference Cad 5322/30Apr.