THE most luxe hotels in the world have been revealed by Conde Nast Traveller, to add to your bucket list for a more exciting 2021.
Revealed as part of their Gold List 2021, 33 hotels and resorts around the world featured on the list.
The best hotels in the world have been revealed by Conde Nast Traveller[/caption]
The Europe winners included France, Spain, Italy and Portugal, with no hotels on the list from the UK.
Other winners were revealed from around the world, with Australia and the US having the most on the list.
According to the publication, the winners were chosen to inspire for holidays in 2021, despite the “challenging year” of 2020.
Editor-in-Chief Melinda Stevens explained: “Our annual Gold List Issue reveals everything classic and everything exceptional across the travel industry, in every sector – from trains to safaris, from music to wellness – from road trips to trends, as well as of course hotels and restaurants.
“This year it feels even more vital to share our recommendations and support the truly trustworthy classics that can be relied upon again and again.
“We work with best people in the business to give the best quality travel recommendations and we hope that The Gold List 2021 will inspire our readers to dream, plan their next adventure, and explore new places as soon as we are able to do so.”
Here is a selection of the winners, including France, Portugal and Thailand.
Le Bristol Paris, Paris, France
Le Bristol Paris opened in 1925 and is often voted one of the fanciest hotels in the city[/caption]
Some of the suites have views of the Eiffel Tower and even featured in the 2011 film Midnight in Paris[/caption]
- Rooms from £1,473 per night – book here
Tenuta di Murlo, Umbria, Italy
There are seven luxury villas at the 11th century former estate Tenuta di Murlo[/caption]
The estate is located across 18,00 acres of woods, lakes and even a golf course[/caption]
Santa Clara 1728, Lisbon, Portugal
There are just six minimalist suites at the Santa Clara 1728 hotel[/caption]
The building was one of the few to survive the 1755 earthquake which all but destroyed Lisbon[/caption]
The Albatroz Hotel, Cascais, Portugal
There are 52 rooms across the 1870 summer house section and the more modern wing built in 1983[/caption]
The hotel is just a few minutes walk from both the train station and the beach[/caption]
- Rooms from £132 per night – book here
Maçakizi, Bodrum, Turkey
The boho-chic Maçakizi hotel has 53 rooms, many with sea views[/caption]
The region is dubbed the “St Tropez of Turkey” having attracted celebs including Mick Jagger[/caption]
El Fenn, Marrakech, Morocco
The boutique El Fenn hotel is most often seen on Instagram[/caption]
Inside the hotel, which are five interconnected riads, are 28 rooms, three pools and a spa[/caption]
The Nautilus, Baa Atoll, Maldives
The Nautilus resort is one for ultimate privacy, where you can easily avoid other guests during your stay at one of the 26 villas[/caption]
You can ask for anything whenever you want, such as off-menu dishes from the on-site chefs, to private fitness sessions – all at any time of day or night[/caption]
- Rooms from £1,642 per night – book here
Raya Heritage, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Raya Heritage overlooks the River Ping in northern Thailand[/caption]
You can choose from 33 rooms, many of which have private pools[/caption]
- Rooms from £225 per night – book here
HOSHINOYA Bali, Ubud, Indonesia
HOSHINOYA Bali has treetop hotel rooms which overlook the jungle[/caption]
Three long swimming pools connect the water villas[/caption]
- Rooms from £198 per night – book here
Hotel Tivoli, Tivoli, New York, USA
The 11-room Hotel Tivoli features painting and artwork chosen by the owners[/caption]
While the rooms are beautiful, breakfast can be eaten in the excellent farm-to-table restaurant[/caption]
Full list of hotels on Conde Nast Traveller's Gold List 2021
- Grand Hôtel de Cala Rossa, Porto-Vecchio, Corsica
- Le Bristol Paris, Paris, France
- Tenuta di Murlo, Umbria, Italy
- Santa Clara 1728, Lisbon, Portugal
- The Albatroz Hotel, Cascais, Portugal
- Hotel Astoria, St Petersburg, Russia
- Alcuzcuz, Andalucia, Spain
- Maçakizi, Bodrum, Turkey
AFRICA, THE MIDDLE EAST & THE INDIAN OCEAN
- Angama Mara, Great Rift Valley, Kenya
- El Fenn, Marrakech, Morocco
- &Beyond Benguerra Island, Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique
- Londolozi, Sabi Sands, South Africa
- Singita Pamushana Lodge, Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve, Zimbabwe
- Phum Baitang, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- The Middle House, Shanghai, China
- The Peninsula, Hong Kong
- Bujera Fort, Udaipur, India
- HOSHINOYA Bali, Ubud, Indonesia
- Mandarin Oriental Tokyo, Japan
- The Nautilus, Baa Atoll, Maldives
- Raya Heritage, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- COMO The Treasury, Perth, Australia
- Raes on Wategos, Byron Bay, Australia
USA, CANADA & THE CARIBBEAN
- Belmond Cap Juluca, Anguilla
- Cobblers Cove, Barbados
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay, British Virgin Islands
- Hotel Tivoli, Tivoli, New York, USA
- Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort, Lanai, Hawaii, USA
- SingleThread Farm, Sonoma, California, USA
- The Beverly Hills Hotel, Los Angeles, USA
MEXICO & SOUTH AMERICA
- La Isla, Patagonia, Argentina
- Calanoa Lodge, Amazonas, Colombia
- Verana, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Most read in News Travel
Devastated couple go on holiday without daughter when she wouldn't wear mask
When can I get a blue passport?
Which countries have banned UK travel? Full list of holiday destinations
DO NOT DISTURB
Can I stay in a hotel in Tier 4? Covid travel restrictions explained
EasyJet launches early sale with £19.99 flights to Spain and France
ROUTES TO NOWHERE
Ryanair cancels 12 flight routes from the UK, blaming the CAA
Earlier this year, Conde Nast Traveller revealed the best hotels in the UK, with some starting from £136 per night.
For a cheaper stay, the Good Hotel Guide offered the best value hotels from £85 per night.
Tatler’s Travel Awards revealed their best hotels – with one in Cornwall making the cut.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.